Alcohol and drug addiction happens to the best of families. Our interactive, family support and education class allows families dealing with addiction to participate in the healing process. The more a family can learn about alcohol and drug addiction, the more they can help their struggling loved one, as well as themselves. And statistics clearly show that family involvement in an individual’s recovery is essential to long-term sobriety and success.
The Action Family Support & Education Class is FREE to all family members – even if you don’t have a loved one who is a current patient at Action.
Every Monday night, family members are invited to attend a 90-minute group support and education class with one of Action’s Addiction Professionals (who are all in long-term successful recovery from addiction). During the family session, you will learn to:
- Understand how the disease of addiction progresses and exactly what is required for the addict to break free.
- Take the right steps to get a resistant, uncooperative and even hostile addict into treatment.
- Stop enabling the addict and start building a strong recovery support system.
- Pay attention to your own healing and self-care needs.
- Establish and enforce with the addict healthy boundaries, reasonable requirements and expectations.
- Read the signs of addiction relapse and avoid being deceived or manipulated.
- Engage in healthy and productive communication with the addict.
- Help the addict embrace and live the 12 Steps and implement them in your own life.
- Help the addict transition from early addiction treatment to life-long sobriety and recovery.
- Receive support and wisdom from other families who are facing similar challenges.
- Become a healthy, happy, connected family.
Come and join with us! Together, we can help our struggling loved ones break free from addiction and as families move forward to enjoy peace, happiness, unity and success.
Where: Family Group Room at Action Recovery Group—1708 E. 5550 S. Suite #24, South Ogden
When: Monday Evenings from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Who may attend: Spouses, Parents, Siblings, extended family members—all are welcome. The program is FREE, whether or not you have a family member in addiction treatment at Action.
For more information and to reserve your seats, please call us at: 801-475-HOPE (4673)
* Note: This program is for family support and education only. It is not intended nor designed to provide “therapy.”